UPCOMING WORKSHOPS & RETREATS
“Felden-What?: An Introduction to The Feldenkrais Method®”
at 4 Elements Yoga, in McMinnville
Learn the origins and principles of The Feldenkrais Method® and experience firsthand how you can improve everything you do. From sitting, standing and walking to yoga, cycling and playing an instrument, this extraordinary form of somatic education will help you rediscover your innate capacity for graceful, efficient movement.
Register at 4eyoga.com
August 12 – 15, 2018
Alton L. Collins Retreat Center
GROUP LESSONS (Awareness Through Movement®)
No prior experience is necessary, everyone is welcome; Wear comfortable clothing that lets you move easily.
3430 NE 41st Ave; luminanceportland.com
$15 drop in, 3 classes for $36
Friendly House Community Center
1737 NW 26th Ave (at Thurman St); friendlyhouseinc.org
$15 drop in; 3 classes for $36 (Friendly House non-members)
$12 drop in; 3 classes for $30 (Friendly House members)
925 NW Davis St
$17 drop in; class packages available – more info at www.yogapearl.com
INDIVIDUAL LESSONS (Functional Integration®)
One-on-one lessons tailored to your individual needs and goals.
4039 N Mississippi Ave, Suite 305
1316 NW 23rd Ave (above the New Renaissance Bookstore Event Center)
One Lesson: $90
Series of Three Lessons: $250
Series of Five Lessons: $375
- This great group joined us Oct 11 – 13, 2015 at sunny Sunrise Ranch for three days of “Cultivating Mindfulness Through Poetry and Movement.” Thank you all for the rich, rewarding experience!
- Our inaugural “Cultivating Mindfulness Through Poetry and Movement” retreat - Aug 2 – 4, 2015 at the Alton L. Collins Retreat Center in Eagle Creek, OR – was a smashing success! We couldn’t have asked for a more fabulous group or a more beautiful setting… Thank you, everyone!
- At long last: the definitive biography of Moshe Feldenkrais by Mark Reese is available from Feldenkrais Resources!
- On Feb 25 & 26, 2015, I worked with an extraordinary group of musicians at Monette Trumpets: Ingrid Jensen, Urban & Sabina Agnas, Charley Schlueter, Frank Hanson, and Ben Paille. Here’s a photo from before the shop concert:
Pictured from left to right: me, Urban Agnas, Dave Monette, Ingrid Jensen, Dan Balmer, Michael Raynor, Sabina Agnas, David Goldblatt, Tim Gilson.
- Dave Monette arranged for me to work with Scotty Barnhart when he was in Portland Jan 7 & 8, 2015. Click here to watch an interview we did after our second session; click here to watch the PBS “Craft in America” web extra that features footage from my lesson with Scotty!
- I highly recommend checking it out this extraordinary book by New York Times bestselling author Norman Doidge, MD: he dedicates two chapters to The Feldenkrais Method®! More info here.