UPCOMING WORKSHOPS & RETREATS
more info here.
GROUP LESSONS (Awareness Through Movement®)
No prior experience is necessary, everyone is welcome; Wear comfortable clothing that lets you move easily.
3430 NE 41st Ave; luminanceportland.com
$15 drop in, 3 classes for $36
Friendly House Community Center
1737 NW 26th Ave (at Thurman St); friendlyhouseinc.org
$15 drop in; 3 classes for $36 (Friendly House non-members)
$12 drop in; 3 classes for $30 (Friendly House members)
925 NW Davis St
$17 drop in; class packages available – more info at www.yogapearl.com
INDIVIDUAL LESSONS (Functional Integration®)
One-on-one lessons tailored to your individual needs and goals.
4039 N Mississippi Ave, Suite 305
1316 NW 23rd Ave (above the New Renaissance Bookstore Event Center)
One Lesson: $90
Series of Three Lessons: $250
Series of Five Lessons: $375
- This great group joined us Oct 11 – 13, 2015 at sunny Sunrise Ranch for three days of “Cultivating Mindfulness Through Poetry and Movement.” Thank you all for the rich, rewarding experience!
- Our inaugural “Cultivating Mindfulness Through Poetry and Movement” retreat - Aug 2 – 4, 2015 at the Alton L. Collins Retreat Center in Eagle Creek, OR – was a smashing success! We couldn’t have asked for a more fabulous group or a more beautiful setting… Thank you, everyone!
- At long last: the definitive biography of Moshe Feldenkrais by Mark Reese is available from Feldenkrais Resources!
- On Feb 25 & 26, 2015, I worked with an extraordinary group of musicians at Monette Trumpets: Ingrid Jensen, Urban & Sabina Agnas, Charley Schlueter, Frank Hanson, and Ben Paille. Here’s a photo from before the shop concert:
Pictured from left to right: me, Urban Agnas, Dave Monette, Ingrid Jensen, Dan Balmer, Michael Raynor, Sabina Agnas, David Goldblatt, Tim Gilson.
- Dave Monette arranged for me to work with Scotty Barnhart when he was in Portland Jan 7 & 8, 2015. Click here to watch an interview we did after our second session; click here to watch the PBS “Craft in America” web extra that features footage from my lesson with Scotty!
- I highly recommend checking it out this extraordinary book by New York Times bestselling author Norman Doidge, MD: he dedicates two chapters to The Feldenkrais Method®! More info here.